- Geographical area : 110,000 km2
- Population : 10.32 million 2013
- GDP : US$8.307 billion 2013
- Income level : Low income
- S&P rating : ‘B’ with negative outlook
- President : His Excellency Mr. Thomas Boni Yayi
Agriculture is the backbone of the country’s economy, with cotton production accounting for 40% of the country’s GDP and 80% of its export revenues. Other agricultural products include: corn, cassava (tapioca), yams, beans, palm oil, peanuts, cashews and livestock. Benin’s main natural resources exist in small offshore oil deposits, limestone, marble and timber.
Planned infrastructure projects in Benin include road construction, airport construction and hydro-electric power development.