- Geographical area : 274,200 km2
- Population : 16.93 million 2013
- GDP : US$11.58 billion 2013
- Income level : Low income
- S&P rating : ‘B’ with stable outlook
- President : His Excellency Mr. Blaise Compaore
The country’s major industries are cotton lint, beverages, agricultural processing, soap, cigarettes, textiles and gold. Agricultural production is focused on cotton, peanuts, shea nuts, sesame, sorghum, millet, corn, rice and livestock. Burkina Faso’s principal natural resources are manganese, limestone, marble, small deposits of gold, phosphates, pumice and salt. The country’s main export commodities are cotton, livestock and gold, to its main export partners China, Singapore, Thailand, Ghana and Taiwan.
Planned infrastructure projects in Burkina Faso include road construction, check-point construction and improved electrical connectivity.