- Geographical area : 1,240,000 km2
- Population : 17 308 179 habitants.
- GDP : US$10.94 billion 2013
- Income level : Low income
- S&P rating : None
- President : His Excellency Mr. Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
Improved agricultural and mineral production in the south of the country is expected to drive economic growth. Mali’s natural resources include gold, phosphates, kaolin, salt, limestone, uranium, gypsum, granite and hydropower. Bauxite, iron ore, manganese, tin, and copper deposits are known to exist but have not been exploited yet.
Planned infrastructure projects in Mali are focused on road construction.