- Geographical area : 1,270,000 km2
- Population : 17.83 million 2013
- GDP : US$7.356 billion 2013
- Income level : Low income
- S&P rating : None
- President : His Excellency Mr. Mahamadou Issoufou
The economy of Niger is largely upheld by uranium exports and foreign financial assistance. Major industries include uranium mining, cement, bricks, textiles, food processing, chemicals and slaughterhouses. Niger’s main natural resources are uranium ore, coal, iron ore, tin,phosphates, gold and petroleum. The country’s agricultural production is focused on cowpeas, cotton, peanuts, millet, sorghum, cassava (tapioca), rice, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, donkeys, horses, and poultry.
Planned infrastructure projects in Niger include energy construction, energy diversification and manufacturing development.