- Geographical area : 57,000 km2
- Population : 6.817 million 2013
- GDP : US$4.339 billion 2013
- Income level : Low income
- S&P rating : None.
- President : His Excellency Mr. Faure Essozimna Gnassingbe
Foreign direct investment has increased in recent years due to the exploration of large reserves of limestone, marble and phosphate. Togo’s major industries are phosphate mining, agricultural processing, cement, handicrafts, textiles and beverages. The country’s principal natural resources are phosphates, limestone, marble and arable land. Togo’s major trading partners are Burkina Faso, Ghana, Benin, Niger, Indonesia, China, India, France, UK, US and Belgium.
Planned infrastructure projects in Togo are focused on road construction.