- Geographical area : 197,000 km2
- Population : 14.13 million 2013
- GDP : US$15.15 billion 2013
- Income level : Lower middle income
- S&P rating : ‘B+’ with a negative outlook
- President : His Excellency Mr. Macky Sall
Senegal’s major industries are agricultural & fish processing, phosphate mining, fertiliser production, petroleum refinery, iron ore, zircon, gold mining, construction materials, ship construction, and seafood processing. The country’s main agricultural products are groundnut, millet, corn, sorghum, rice, cotton, tomato, green vegetables, cattle and poultry. Senegal’s principal natural resources are fish, phosphates and iron ore. The main export commodities are fish, groundnuts, petroleum products, phosphates and cotton.
Planned infrastructure projects in Senegal include bridge construction, check-point construction and electrical energy development.